Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Heart and Home

Dan and I just returned from a WONDERFUL week with family. It was our first trip back to the states since moving to the Dominican back in February. Of course there were moments when it felt strange to be back- our own culture felt very oddly foreign at times- but mostly, it just felt good. Sometimes it even felt like we'd never left. Hugging my sisters still feels SO comforting, long conversations with my Mom are still SO rich and meaningful and hearing my dad tell me that he's proud of me still means the world to me.

It was great to be able to be there to love and support my sister and her new husband on their wedding day. She was SO beautiful and of course she made me cry (see pictures below). Seeing God work in their lives and bring them together like he did was such an awesome reminder of how GOOD He is!

But being in the states was also a reminder of how we are exactly where we are meant to be. It will always be hard to leave my family and I will always cherish the moments that we have together and wish there were more of them- but coming back here to San Juan really did feel like coming home. I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful family that supports and loves me and encourages me to follow God to wherever it is that he might take me!





Thanks Godmother Riggs for the great photos!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to go home for her wedding and for a visit! That makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete