Sunday, October 23, 2011

We Suffer Together

I love my job, I really do, but today it SUCKED.

I'm not the kind of person that talks about bad feeling days, so forgive me if this is a little rough.

The only reason I write on this blog is because I know there are people (Mom and Dad) that want to know how I am and what life is like being a missionary in the Dominican Republic. Somedays I get to rant about long days and hard work and some days I get to post pictures and smile while I tell you about this beautiful island we call home. But today I cried... pretty much all day. Today being a missionary in the DR was painfully hard.

Today "doing what's right" was a gray and confusing thing that hurt people who I love dearly. Today we needed (and continue to need) prayer. I'm not even sure what for- maybe for peace? Or wisdom? A tube of water-proof mascara?

My friend, Kamanda (shout out!) just wrote about how much the verses in James (consider it PURE JOY when you face trials of many kinds....) have meant to her during a few incredibly tough months in her life. But, should I find PURE JOY in the trials of others as well? Something about that seems pretty sick and wrong. Dealing with issues between me and God are complicated enough- I don't even know how to begin to discuss his dealings with others. I just know that when they hurt, I hurt. And tonight, we are suffering together.

And, if you have a minute, I'd love to ask you to suffer with us. I know that's a terrible way of asking, but would you pray for us? It is days like this that I so badly need to know that we're not alone....

4 comments:

  1. I am praying for you, dear friend. You are not, and never are, alone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it was such a difficult day. Sending lots of love and prayers your way that God will carry you through this difficult time and help you relocate your peace! Looking forward to seeing you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, just sent you a message on facebook. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is good all the time! Even when we don't understand the "whys" of life and decisions that are made. God hurts, too...but He brings us through the pain to bring about His best. I am praying for you today! ~Steve

    ReplyDelete