Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sister Visit!!!!!!

Last week I had my first family visit from home! I was so beyond excited to have my sister, Christy, come to spend the week with me. Driving to the airport Saturday afternoon I had trouble keeping myself from shaking. For months now I'd been daydreaming of having my first family visitor and all of the things that I would want to pack into their visit so that they could fall in love with this place like I have.
Having Christy here was incredible. Since we had our Spartanburg team here last week she dove right into the regular week routine with us- Waking up early to help Dan on breakfast duty, running out to the market, butcher shop and bakery with me on afternoon errands, and even assisting the dental team out in their barrio medical clinic for a day. But in-between all the work we made sure to sneak away for some fun too. She came along to visit friends, learned to play some dominoes, climbed the cathedral tower and played lots of games with me and Dan.
I really can't imagine a more perfect week. We had so many wonderful adventures and now I'm just trying not to miss her too much and to make plans for all the great things we'll do NEXT time...




















I LOVE her! What a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Yay yay yay! I am so glad that Christy was able to visit, and I love the pictures!!! Looks like a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of you guys on the church roof! I remember when we went up there in 2010 my hands sweated the entire time! Scary but so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete