Monday, February 28, 2011

Out of the Nest...

After our week of observation last week, Shannon and Joe were eager to see how much of the ridiculous amounts of info we retained and sent us out on our own this last weekend to meet, greet and take care of our new group during their stay in Santo Domingo.
Turns out we remembered quite a bit of information!... we only forgot a couple of things... like how to get to the airport from the hotel for starters.
After driving for about 45 min we ended up literally in the middle of nowhere. How that can happen in a city with a population of over 2 million people?? I do not know. I just know that one minute we are driving through what looks like the vegas strip and the next minute we're parked next to a cow chompin on some garbage in a field while we try to get ahold of our bus driver, Monchy, at the airport to tell him our predicament. Thank goodness my "vegas strip" and "cow" descriptions were enough to let him know exactly where we were. Monchy is my new hero.
Anyway, the rest of the weekend was much less eventful after we recovered from our minor detour and the new group is now here at the guesthouse safe and sound! In fact, after two days of no one being dead or horribly mamed, I think I'm starting to get a big head. But then I just need to glance next to me at my "list of questions for Joe and Shannon" and remember that we've got a ways to go! Keep us in your prayers! Especially that our minds wouldn't explode and we would keep feeling excited and confident.

We posted some recent pictures on our facebook page that you can take a look at, but here is one I grabbed this afternoon...


Those are my guys after a LONG morning of working (or for Diego, playing) in the Dominican sun :) I love them!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kari & Dan!

    Thanks for the GREAT updates! I love reading how you guys are doing and your many adventures. Tell Diego I'm sorry he lost his manhood. :)

    You're in our prayers!!

    Love you guys!

    Dave & Steph

    ReplyDelete