Monday, March 7, 2011

Who's the Boss?

The very frightening answer to that question is: We are! Ever since last friday morning Dan and I have been flying solo. And I think we've surprised ourselves! Maybe it's because our standards of no one being dead or severly maimed by the end of each day are a little low, but we find it covers the essentials. I realize that it is only 4 days, but it has given us a glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe, we can not only do this job but even be somewhat great at it someday. Please keep praying us toward that end! And thanks so much to all of you who are/have been/will be here in the mean time and are being so patient with us! (ESPECIALLY Shannon and Joe!)

I'm only a couple weeks in now, but I have a feeling that I will always have a love/hate relationship with Mondays. So far, they are one CRAZY long day, but each one has ended with a HUGE sense of accomplishment at knowing that the craziest part of the week is behind us. It also happens to end with an pick-up game of baseball under the lights in the perfect Dominican evening... that adds to the love part :)

Diego came with us to the game tonight. It was fun to be outside of the guesthouse walls with him... though I'm not sure we'll be making it a weekly thing. I hadn't thought through the fact that there are about a bazillion little boys from the neighborhood who come by to watch the game (along with plenty of adults too...I think we must be quite an odd sight!). They were all a little apprehensive of the dog at first, but once they found out that he was nice and he wouldn't bite them, they all wanted to play with him. and THEN they found out that he knew commands and oh my goodness, you'd think I'd have told them he knew how to fly. They were SO excited. They wanted me to make him sit, and lay down and roll over again and again. haha. Lots of fun, but our poor little puppy is passed out in the middle of the rug on the floor now. Talk about over stimulation! 

And now I'm going to go join him... 

1 comment:

  1. Your updates are a blessing, thanks! You guys are in our prayers.

    Love,

    Linda & Brad

    ReplyDelete