Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I Heart Hump Day

Today is Wednesday and I love today.

Today....

Margo taught me to make "Mangu" (cooked/mashed plantains- SO good!) and it was delicious :)

We went to eat a fabulous Dominican Restaurant for dinner (which means an easy day in the kitchen for me!)

We took some of the group to a small public pool here in town and cooled off in the hot sun

I sipped a yummy iced latte that I made from leftover coffee while I wrote this post

I felt completely comfortable driving the blue truck around town for the first time

Made plans for some of the awesome places we want to travel and see during our upcoming weeks off (including a beach so secluded you can't get there by any means other than a small motorboat guided by someone who knows where to find it! woot!)

I shared some Dulce de Leche ice cream with some sweet boys from the orphanage

I laughed so harder than I have in a long time when I found out that one of the girl's has been showering with tape over her mouth this whole week, thinking that if she didn't she might get sick from the water. 

I made 2 new friends who invited me to a goat BBQ next weekend

I ended the night talking, dreaming and laughing with my 2 favorite people here in the DR :)


1 comment:

  1. Kari! I love you! It's so good to hear about your days. I read a post (I want it all) from earlier this week and it was so encouraging to me - so glad that God is tugging on your heart. Miss you and praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete